Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
After we had the ultrasound we went to Costco and all Jordan could say (with a big grin of course) was how excited he was to have two little hunters! It will be nice to have two boys together because they will be so close in age. I just can't help but wonder if there is a little girl up there for me. All the same we are really excited!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Jack didn't really enjoy the trick-or-treating part because he thought all of the commotion at the doorway was a little unsettling for him. His favorite part of the six houses that we made it to were the two houses that had little house dogs. He thinks getting licked is the best next thing to his mom sharing M&M's with him.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
This is post-cupcake mess. He didn't know what to do with the presents and wrapping paper. He didn't know what to do with the singing and the candle. But he did know what to do with his birthday cupcake.
His favorite gal pal Macy!
Monday, September 29, 2008
So our family life hasn't consisted of anything too exciting lately because I really just try to find the energy to get off the couch. But I have been meaning to post some pictures of Jack
One of Jack's favorite things to do is go on bike rides with Jordan. It really is the cutest thing. Jordan bought Jack a little helmet and so everyday when Jordan comes home from school, Jack will crawl over to his helmet and start hitting it and then go to the door, letting Jordan know that he wants to go on a bike ride.
The helmet is for the size of a 3-year old head but luckily our son has such a big head that he fits into it!
This picture just makes me laugh- he really has quite the funny facial expressions.
Jordan was getting Jack's bath water in and was at the front of the tub while Jack was playing at the end. Jordan somehow missed Jack climbing over the side and into the tub. Apparently Jack couldn't wait to get in the water.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
We came home from Arizona and made the switch from the Smith house to the Ohlson house where Jack enjoyed some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Ohlson, Uncle Nick, and Uncle Ryan. We left midway through the week and went down to Vista, California to visit Jordan's Grandma. Then we spent a few more days in Vegas before we headed back home to lovely Provo. Where I have been ever since.
I still have boxes to unpack and a lot of organizing to do, but things are coming along nicely. Today is the first day of our new Internet service so I figured I would celebrate and do a post. I needed to document how crazy the last month was to remind myself never to do it again!! All in all we had a wonderful time with family, I could have skipped the crazy move, but we love our new place!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
We celebrated Courtney and Drew's birthday up at Heather and Trent's on Saturday evening. Everyone loved the cake, and Drew's favorite present was his new set of golf clubs. He is excited because they are real golf clubs not some plastic crap that aren't good enough for this little three year old. He has to have the real deal!
The Wright boys get to play the Wii every night for an hour before bed and so Carl B and I went head-to-head in an intense challenge of Dance Dance Revolution- which we both failed miserably.
Jordy and Ivy were reunited this past week! Jordan was so excited to see Heidi and her kids. He and Ivy are special little buddies. They will call each other every so often and talk for at least 10 minutes about who knows what. Ivy usually inquires after Baby Jack and then Jordan will ask about swim lessons and then Ivy will ask about Jordan's job and they go on and on forever. It is really actually cute, and you would never guess that there was an age gap of 19 years.
Jack Jordan really thought the farm was fun too. Although his favorite part was crawling around in the grass. He did go on a pony ride but I think he still preferred the freedom of crawling to even that.
Courtney and Spencer were locked up in the farm county jail for misbehavior on several counts.
Jack and his cousin Jake at the Poulton family Reunion. We went to my Dad's family reunion up in Vivien Park on Saturday. It was fun to see all of our extended family and it didn't seem like we had enough time to visit with everyone. Jordan did enter the golf tournament this year with my Dad and they took third place! Yaa hoo for Jordy! (It was a scramble and they always took the best ball--- so they used Jordy's a few times)
Jordan brought his fishing gear to Vivien so that the little kids could fish and Spencer caught a fish! It was the only catch of the day, but the kids seemed to enjoy fishing despite the lack of bites.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
This was my sweet laundry surprise that Jordy brought home for me!
This was Jack's first and last sink bath. He is way too wiggly and slippery to have a sink bath. Plus he was trying to crawl out every time we let go of him for just a second. Also that is my new haircut that I got while we were in Vegas for the 4th of July!
I am obsessed with this little boy!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
In case the picture didn't make things clear, I will list what you should have taken from it.
1. I get to wear a cowboy hat! I've always wanted a good excuse to wear one and someone at work said I look like Kevin Bacon from the movie Tremors. I'm pretty sure he is a good looking guy. What do you think?
2. I can catch lizards on my lunch break whenever I want. The lizard in the picture is a long-nosed leopard lizard. He caught me at the same time I caught him.
3. No one cares how you dress at work. Check out my shirt. Lindsey thinks it's hideous but it really doesn't matter because when you are in the middle of no where looks don't matter.
There are really a million reasons why my job is cool and these are just a few of the highlights.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Why we love Carl Bert:
1. With a middle name like Bert, what isn't there to love.
2. He is always easy to talk in to a Luv-its Custard run.
3. He has dancing skills like no one has seen and Dance off parties wouldn't be the same without his Cabbage Patch.
4. I have never heard him raise his voice in anger once... and I know that I probably deserved worse many times.
5. Carl B has passed on to me his love for shopping and he frequently coordinates Marilyn's latest looks.
6. I have never met anyone who makes silence as comfortable as him... and I should know after 3+ years of riding to work with him everyday.
7. I never feel guilty taking naps around my Dad because he usually is right there beside me.
8. He makes a mean pie and delicious cinnamon rolls (which he made for my birthday every year that I was home).
9. Carl B is funny and quirky!
10. I have never seen my Dad pass a bum on the street and not roll down the window and give him a buck or two.
We love Carl B and can't think of a better Dad and Father-in-Law!
Why we love Earl:
1. He knows how to make people feel comfortable and is great company.
2. My friends love him for his shark attack shirt that he always wears to the lake with the ripped-open sides for extra affect.
3. He is the most patient person I know.
4. He knows how to show people a good time. A lot of people that wouldn't have had the opportunity otherwise, learned how to ski behind his boat or snowboard while staying the night at his condo.
5. He was always quick to forgive and forget the stupid things I did growing up.
6. I love my dad because he takes advantage of every fun opportunity. Only he would enter a sail boat competition while on a cruise and actually win it!
7. He shows excitement in the things I'm interested in and its because of his taking an interest in me that I've been able to do great things. Most of my favorite hobbies that I participate in I've excelled at because my dad has been there encouraging me to take part in them and enjoy life.
8. My dad is even nice to people that solicit things over the phone.
9. I think my dad is the last living person to still ride a disk at the lake. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a round piece of wood that allows you to spin on the water--he is a master diskman.
10. I love my dad because he drinks his milk with ice and without fail always follows it with Oreo cookies.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Jordan loves the outdoors. He is a lover of wakeboarding, snowboarding, lizard catching, hiking, fishing, hunting, plant identifying, snake catching, and a lover of his shit-zu (sp?) Daisy. Jordan always knows how to make life exciting. He always likes to be doing something and is constantly thinking of activities for Jack and I to do with him. Jordan always wants to give everyone the chance to come along. He is always inviting friends on our fishing trips, or on camp-outs, or on lake trips. He loves to be with people and has a knack for making friends wherever he goes.
Jordan is an amazing father! From the moment he walks in the door, he is playing with Jack. I really think that Jack gets bored sometimes when it is just he and I home because I don't entertain him like Jordan. There is no doubt in my mind that Jordan's number one priority is his family.
I love Jordan for his high-top converse shoes with shorts days, for his camo hat, for his shaking laugh, for his Financial Fascist ways, for his massive smile, for his sense of humor, for his determination and ambition, for his spontaneous fishing outings, for his jerky pistol, and for his testimony!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
"Soccer boy, (she used his name but I can't remember it) I know who you have a crush on", Trouble teases.
Soccer boy looks up startled, "Whaaat? No you don't!"
Trouble continues, "Yes I do."
"No you don't!" Soccer Boy is now getting a little uncomfortable at this point.
And then Trouble slams him with it, "Yes I do! You have a crush on ME."
That is gumption if I have ever seen it.
Friday, May 2, 2008
If you didn't want to read the large synopsis... here is the picture version!
Parker and Jack with their cousin Ben. Ben is the sweetest little cousin. Often times when we are visiting Heather and Trent I will find Ben playing with Jack, giving him new toys, baby talking with him, and being so soft! It is the cutest thing.
Jack dipped his toes into the water sandbox
Just a picture for fun!
This was our night out on the town, where we ate dinner at Maggiano's and then headed to the Treasure Island for our show (My sister-in-law Elice, Baby Jackson, and Heather)
This night I was fortunate enough to be baby-less- but some how Ginnie wasn't so fortunate and baby Parker enjoyed the sultry sounds of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and even a little Ella at Maggiano's.
The gracious hosts! Carl B and Marilyn looking stellar.