Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Carl B and Earl the Pearl!

Jordan and I are lucky to have two of the greatest dads in the whole world. I can't think of two people that are more relaxed and easy going than Super C and Big E! This weekend we went down to Vegas and were able to spend time with both. In true blog fashion- I must write a tribute to Carl B and Jordy is going to hop on and write an ode to Earl.



Why we love Carl Bert:

1. With a middle name like Bert, what isn't there to love.

2. He is always easy to talk in to a Luv-its Custard run.

3. He has dancing skills like no one has seen and Dance off parties wouldn't be the same without his Cabbage Patch.

4. I have never heard him raise his voice in anger once... and I know that I probably deserved worse many times.

5. Carl B has passed on to me his love for shopping and he frequently coordinates Marilyn's latest looks.

6. I have never met anyone who makes silence as comfortable as him... and I should know after 3+ years of riding to work with him everyday.

7. I never feel guilty taking naps around my Dad because he usually is right there beside me.

8. He makes a mean pie and delicious cinnamon rolls (which he made for my birthday every year that I was home).

9. Carl B is funny and quirky!

10. I have never seen my Dad pass a bum on the street and not roll down the window and give him a buck or two.

We love Carl B and can't think of a better Dad and Father-in-Law!

Why we love Earl:

1. He knows how to make people feel comfortable and is great company.

2. My friends love him for his shark attack shirt that he always wears to the lake with the ripped-open sides for extra affect.

3. He is the most patient person I know.

4. He knows how to show people a good time. A lot of people that wouldn't have had the opportunity otherwise, learned how to ski behind his boat or snowboard while staying the night at his condo.

5. He was always quick to forgive and forget the stupid things I did growing up.

6. I love my dad because he takes advantage of every fun opportunity. Only he would enter a sail boat competition while on a cruise and actually win it!

7. He shows excitement in the things I'm interested in and its because of his taking an interest in me that I've been able to do great things. Most of my favorite hobbies that I participate in I've excelled at because my dad has been there encouraging me to take part in them and enjoy life.

8. My dad is even nice to people that solicit things over the phone.

9. I think my dad is the last living person to still ride a disk at the lake. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a round piece of wood that allows you to spin on the water--he is a master diskman.

10. I love my dad because he drinks his milk with ice and without fail always follows it with Oreo cookies.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, how I laughed at the comfortable silence. I also love Dad's Cabbage Patch--it's like none I've ever seen.

Jenna said...

What a fun tribute!!

Shannan said...

Amen to the Earl the Pearl tribute! Seriously all I can think about is the shark attack shirt and disc this next weekend at powell, We'll get photos for you for next years father's day tribute.