Monday, June 30, 2008

My Cool Job

For those of you who don't know, I have a sweet job working outdoors. Pay attention to the following picture because it shows clearly just how great my job is.


In case the picture didn't make things clear, I will list what you should have taken from it.

1. I get to wear a cowboy hat! I've always wanted a good excuse to wear one and someone at work said I look like Kevin Bacon from the movie Tremors. I'm pretty sure he is a good looking guy. What do you think?

2. I can catch lizards on my lunch break whenever I want. The lizard in the picture is a long-nosed leopard lizard. He caught me at the same time I caught him.

3. No one cares how you dress at work. Check out my shirt. Lindsey thinks it's hideous but it really doesn't matter because when you are in the middle of no where looks don't matter.

There are really a million reasons why my job is cool and these are just a few of the highlights.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh how jealous we are. And I think the shirt totally makes the outfit!!

Brittany H. said...

Ah, Tremors, what a blast from the past--I suppose you now have your "7 degrees to Kevin Bacon"! :) I love lizards. Kevin and I had some long-tailed lizards when we were first married; which was huge because Kevin's not a fan...at all. I'm glad you love your job--it sure makes life more fun!

Lyndon said...

That lizard looks like he is enjoying your finger as much as you like your new job. Looks like fun.

Heidi said...

Um, Jordy? Why are you not wearing a Grandpa Lee style bolo tie? It would totally complete the look.

And my kids loved that picture. Ivy keeps saying, "My Uncle Jordy is so brave, isn't he, Mom?"

And I'm all like, "Uh-huh." But inside I'm thinking "OR CRAZY!"