Monday, January 28, 2008

Peace at Last!

I finally think that I am enjoying motherhood. Maybe it was the failure to nurse and then mastitis, candida surplus (just a less vulgar way of saying a yeast infection of the breast), pumping not enough milk and then a surplus, clogged ducts, etc. Or maybe it has been hard for me because my child hated his car seat and would scream every time we went somewhere, or the fact that he had stranger anxiety and "change of scene" anxiety for quite a while. Or maybe it was hard because I enjoyed my job as a trainer and it was very nice to have accomplished something at the end of the day, when in my own home I struggled to get dinner on the table and get out of my pjs. Or maybe it was the "baby blues" that I got a bad case of that put me on my Mom's "endangered children" list. But for all of these lame excuses, I have finally decided that I love being a mother! I wouldn't trade this responsibility to anyone. I love when I go get Jack in the morning and he smiles at the sound of my voice. I love when he giggles as we play peek-a-boo. I even don't mind pumping because I know that it is contributing to his adorable fat rolls. I am not the best housekeeper yet, but everyday I am getting better and I even have my meals planned out for the next two weeks. And so it is with great joy that I can finally say that I would do it again (not yet). Peace at Last!

5 comments:

Ginnie Kimball said...

With each kid it just gets better and better!:)

jamieBEE said...

ditto ginnie! keep enjoying!! (and re-read this post as often as you need during the "hard" mothering moments)

Adrienne said...

hey linz...it's your cousin Adrienne!
What a cute little man you have there! For what it's worth, it took me awhile too. We waited five years, I graduated first, our nursery was Pottery Barn kids from head to toe, and then bam--the baby comes and I'm on anti-anxiety meds and valium just to be able to cope!
It is pretty love/hate thing....especially in the beginning. But growing to love it, despite all the challenges....welcome to motherhood! :)

Heidi said...

Who are all these liars? It still sucks!

No, I'm kidding. I love my babies. Those first three months are beastly, though.

Love you.

Jenny said...

Wow, you have had a struggle. I am home all the time and if you get bored Sammy and I love company. Talking to a baby all day can make you go a little crazy.

That aside I wouldn't change it for the world. Sammy is my little buddy and we go everywhere together - I love it.