Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Marilyn D. Smith

I titled this post my mother's name because she really deserves that much publicity. This last week our little family has been going through quite a few changes and we found ourselves in a pickle. I had returned back to work part-time, only to find out that it wasn't going to work with Jack and Jordan's school schedule. I have since reduced my hours but I still had shifts this week that I couldn't get covered and Jordan had class-- so we had no babysitter. I only had to mention the idea that I needed help and my Mom was here before I knew it. Our little family loves Marilyn D. Smith because she is amazing. I went to work on Monday and came home to find, my bed had been made (which much to my husband's dismay, I rarely make), my dinner had been cooked, my house had been cleaned, my suitcases unpacked (that were still from our Christmas vacation), all of my clothes had been put away, she had almost prepared everything for Tuesday night's dinner, and she even organized my sock drawer. I must admit that I only worked a 5 hour shift. She did all of this while still managing to take care of my baby and play with him. Somehow she manages to do it all and I am completely amazed. By the end of Monday night, she was asking me for a to-do list for Tuesday. I could only muster the laundry, clean the bathroom, and enjoy Jack because she had already done everything else. Somehow I can barely manage to get showered, have lunch, and pull together a scant dinner by the time Jordy walks through the door, but I guess that I have a lot to learn. So here is my tribute post to my mother... because she is Marilyn D. Smith and because I love her!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Mare-Mares saves the day! Hey, when you're done with that miracle worker send her my way.

Today Spencer had to wear one of Ivy's soccer jerseys because all of his shirts were in the wash.

Please, Marilyn, come visit ASAP!

jamieBEE said...

Can she come to my house too??? Way to go miracle marilyn!

Shannan said...

She sounds like a rock star! Welcome to the blogging world by the way!