Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our Little Rebel/Cougar Fan

Jack has become our little TV addict. We rarely turn the TV on (b/c our remote doesn't have batteries--which by the way is a wonderful way to limit your TV time) but when we do, Jack's attention is immediately drawn to it. Usually he looses interest within a minute or two but there are two sure things that he will watch for atleast 30 mins. One is our favorite Baby Einstein DVD and the other is basketball. One night when my mother was here, we turned on the BYU v. UNLV basketball game because Jordan is a Rebel fan when they play the Cougs, but then a BYU Cougar all of the other times (he has severe identity issues obviously). I was playing with Jack on my lap and the moment they started playing the game he turned his head and was glued to the game. After trying to unsuccessfully get his attention arrested from the game, I finally gave in and let him watch the game in his bouncer. He loved it! He was talking and kicking his feet. When the commercials would come on, he would loose interest and start looking around, but once the game resumed he was fully attentive. He has since watched a few NBA games and show as much enthusiasm...we may be in trouble!

1 comment:

Zobrist Family said...

I'm glad you have a blog, and I'm also glad that motherhood is finally fun! :-) I'm adding you to my blog!