Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jude turns 3


Jude turned three on Monday and we were excited to celebrate him being a member of our family. He can be challenging at times because I don't think he takes anything I say seriously. That is probably a product of me never being serious--except when I want him to brush his teeth, get dressed, walk faster, etc.--so I totally understand where he is coming from. The only time he is quick to "obey" and not give me a hard time is when I yell, "Jude, get out of the parking lot. You could get run over by a car." So, the other 99% of the time, Jude spends his time joking around, entertaining us all with his shenanigans and doing his own thing as much as possible.

For those that know him well, I should inform you that he has switched up his breakfast routine; as a substitute for pancakes, which he has insisted on eating every morning for the last 18 months or so, he has been requesting french toast and scones. Again, this is extremely unusual because the kid has probably consumed 5,000 pounds of pancakes since he first fell in love with them. It didn't matter if we were camping in the middle of a forest, or spending the night in a hotel, we found a way to deliver pancakes in the morning because Jude would have it no other way. Also, we have cut his blanket in half and will continue to do so until it is gone. We tried to go cold turkey and take it away one night, but he threw a fit. So, he is down to half a blanket. The reason for taking the blanket away is that I can almost brush every surface of his upper teeth with him biting down at the same time (i.e. His blanket sucking habits have pulled his teeth out like crazy!).

Below are responses to a Q&A I had with Jude in the car. I thought it would be a good idea to see where he stands now that he is three and share it with everyone.

Q: What is your favorite color?
A: light blue
Q: What is your favorite toy?
A: All the toys. I just like all the toys the most.
Q: What is your thing to do outside?
A: I don't know (This is Jude's new favorite response to questions)
Q: What is your favorite thing to do with your brothers?
A: I don't know
Q: Who is your best friend?
A: Bennett, Jack, Debbie, Abe, Darla, .....
Q: What makes you happiest?
A: Not crying
Q: If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
A: a tiger
Q: What is your favorite book?
A: Jungle Book
Q: What is your favorite shirt?
A: the green one with the guitar
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: a purple superhero
Q: What is your favorite bird?
A: red wing black bird
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Cars2
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: chicken nuggies
Q: What is your favorite place to visit?
A: Choo Choo Bobs
Q: If you could travel to Las Vegas, how would you want to get there?
A: Plane
Q: What is your favorite song?
A: Baby (by Justin Bieber)


Of course, Jack wanted me to ask him the same questions so here are his responses. Based on a few of his answers, I think God might take him straight to heaven.

Q: What is your favorite color?
A: green
Q: What is your favorite toy?
A: green guys from McDonalds
Q: What is your thing to do outside?
A: play with friends at the playground
Q: Who is your best friend?
A: Ike, Edmund, Ivy, Breelle, Grace, Audrey, Darla,....all those guys (I don't know how to spell:)
Q: What makes you happiest?
A: When I share with people
Q: If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
A: a tarantula
Q: What is your favorite book?
A: Lion King
Q: What is your favorite shirt?
A: my black skeleton shirt
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: Help people and share with them and give them money if they need it
Q: What is your favorite bird?
A: bald eagle
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Cars2
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: I like healthy food
Q: What is your favorite place to visit?
A: Mall of America (Indoor theme park)
Q: If you could travel to Las Vegas, how would you want to get there?
A: train
Q: What is your favorite song?
A: My Hearts a Stereo

 Jude followed Jack's example of picking out cakes at Costco. He chose the "Over the Hill" cake and said, "I want the volcano cake." This might normally be a problem because the "Over the Hill" cake says "Over the Hill" and looks nothing like a volcano, but the nice people at Costco were happy to make modifications.

Playing one of our favorite games: wolf and pigs.


Ezra is in to everything. He is chasing Jack and Jude around so no more board games as long as "baby monster" is trying to eat them.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I totally didn't realize you guys have been updating your blog. I love it. Your boys are so handsome! I hope you keep updating your blog especially after you move. ND should be fun huh? Well hope all is well. let us know if you ever make it down to southern California. Do you guys have access to our blog? If not email me at jdunn0503@yahoo.com and I'll invite you.

JenErik said...

I wish you would have spelled jude's answer "tiger" phonetically of how he really says it. He's one of my favorites.

melissa said...

this is the best. my favorite is "what makes you happiest?" not crying.
classic.
my thoughts exactly jude.

p.s. i have known for quite some time that jack is going straight to heaven. sweetie pie.

Kelly said...

Just popping in to say I'm so glad to see a little bit of blogging here and amazed to see three boys! (I'm holding out for two more boys ;0) but I hope you get a girl someday Lindsey!)