Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

Jack and Jude (especially Jack) are at a funny stage where they love to hear stories. Without fail, Jack will ask for a story within 30 seconds of getting in the car because he knows he has us trapped for at least a few minutes. So after you tell your thousandth story, it becomes challenging to think of new stories or twists to old stories that will keep the kids satisfied. To deal with this I hyped up church today like it was going to be "story time". I told the kids to listen hard so they could catch all the fun stories they love about Jesus. Well, all this hype kind of worked for about 5 seconds as I reminded Jude to pay attention. A speaker was reading the account that led up to Jesus' Crucifixion to which Jude replied, "Dad, there talking about me!" He heard the name Judas Iscariot and thought he was getting some air time. While Jude might be difficult at times, he is no Judas! Jack on the other hand probably got a little more out of church but was quick to pull the trigger once we got in the car to drive home.
These are Jude's shoes from Saturday. They are a symbol of Jude's craziness, as well as the craziness of the day. Our neighbor was baptized, Austin Enoch, so we tried to have a BBQ and celebrate. At one point, I was grilling for three families and trying to keep track of our three boys while Lindsey went to pick up another friend. Jude--realizing I was vulnerable--found the nearby mud puddle and went to work.





Jack gave me a lesson on teeth today in the bath. He said, "See these K-9 teeth; they're the best. They are super sharp." He learned about teeth this week from one of his preschool teachers, Melissa, who was a dental hygenist.




Below are some pictures from one of our camping trips last summer. I'm pretty sure Lindsey didn't make it because she was 8 months pregnant. We went with the Nelson and Colt Family. We stayed by a lake that we ended up swimming in the next day. Jack was excited to use his bug sucking gun that he got from his grandma. Jude loved the flashlights and junk food. One of the tragedies of the trip was when Erik got out of the van and was bit on the back of the neck by a wasp. He was pretty upset about it, of course, but I had to take a walk because I was laughing so hard. That sounds really mean and it probably is but maybe you just had to be there.














1 comment:

JenErik said...

I don't think I'll tell Erik about this post. Ha ha ha ha poor little guy! The bug I mean ;)