Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where have we been?

It would be so wonderful if I could say that we just came back from a trip to Europe for a month or that I spent the last month lounging by the beach in Mexico...but really it hasn't been that glamorous. We decided to move to a new apartment in the middle of August which happened to be right around the time of finals. Thankfully, my mom came to the rescue and helped us pack up and watched Jack for me. Then two days later we headed down to Vegas, where super Dr. Carl Bert operated on Jordan's bunion. Jordan enjoyed a week of relaxation at the Smith residence while he kept up to date on the Olympics. Jack and I enjoyed being with Grandma and Grandpa and their warm pool. Then we headed down to Arizona to visit my brother Chris and his family with my parents. We were able to celebrate birthdays and be there when my oldest nephew Brayden was ordained a deacon. Jordan now wants to look for an internship close to Prescott, AZ because we enjoyed our time down there so much!

We came home from Arizona and made the switch from the Smith house to the Ohlson house where Jack enjoyed some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Ohlson, Uncle Nick, and Uncle Ryan. We left midway through the week and went down to Vista, California to visit Jordan's Grandma. Then we spent a few more days in Vegas before we headed back home to lovely Provo. Where I have been ever since.

I still have boxes to unpack and a lot of organizing to do, but things are coming along nicely. Today is the first day of our new Internet service so I figured I would celebrate and do a post. I needed to document how crazy the last month was to remind myself never to do it again!! All in all we had a wonderful time with family, I could have skipped the crazy move, but we love our new place!

7 comments:

Brittany H. said...

I was wondering what happened to you guys! Well, it sounds like you definitely have a good excuse for not writing in a while. I would love to come visit sometime--how rude, huh?

Carrie said...

It is good to hear you are all settled in! Sorry about the crazy month but I am glad that you got some R&R with your family!

SP said...

Whoa, whoa, hold the phones...where have you moved to?! Details and pictures please.

:)

Jenny said...

I too was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth. Where are you living now? Are you totally loving it?

Jenna said...

yeah for a new post. It was great to see you guys while you were in Vegas. Thanks for stopping by. good luck with the rest of the unpacking!!

lynda said...

i'm going to have to figure out how to get simon to check out your new place with me!

Ian and Resa said...

Hey Lindsey! I found your blog by googling your name. I didn't know if it would work, but it did. So here is our blog: http://www.mcalister3.blogspot.com/ We had so much fun hanging out with you and Jack today! Lets do it again soon!